Cendol Bakar Kuala Selangor at Kampung Assam Jawa is a road side food stall selling cendol. There are many other food stalls as well but the popular one is the original Cendol Bakar. We stopped by here on our way back from Sekinchan trip to taste the well-known cendol bakar which has already been shared by many cendol fans on the Internet.
We ordered 4 bowls of normal Cendol Bakar for RM 2 each. There are many other types of cendol bakar here as well combining Nata de coco, selasih (basil), jagung (corn), kacang (peanut), pulut (Glutinous rice), durian and tapai (traditional fermented food). The shaved ice is cooling enough to quench our thirst on the hot day.
The recipe is based on the owner’s granddad, Encik Abu Bakar Saidin. The gula Melaka (palm sugar) is roasted (bakar) in preparing the ingredients for the cendol bakar. So the name Cendol Bakar is suitable since it carries the name of the recipe owner and the way of preparing it. The cendol is very delicious with roasted / burnt taste that mix very well with the creamy coconut milk. One bowl is never enough but I need to keep fit.
The menu of the original Cendol Bakar. Please note that the price may increase over time. They have branches in Melaka and Port Dikson as well. Make sure to look for their registered trademark logo as there are many copy cats of cendol bakar around.
1. Cendol – RM 2.00
2. Cendol VIP – Nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 2.50
3. Cendol VVIP – Pulut + Nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 3.00
4. Cendol tapai – pulut + nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 3.50
5. Cendol pulut tapai – pulut + tapai + nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 4.50
6. Cendol durian – durian + nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 4.00
7. Cendol durian pulut – pulut + durian + nata de coco + selasih + jagung + kacang – RM 4.50
If you are passing by, why not drop by this Cendol Bakar to try one of most perfect Malaysian dessert. Love cendol? Click here for all my posts about cendol, and click here for all my posts about desserts.
Cendol Bakar Kuala Selangor
Branch: Assam Jawa Kuala Selangor
1196, Batu 1, Kg. Assam Jawa
Jalan Bukit Rotan
Kuala Selangor, Selangor
Tel: 03-3281 1520
Business hours: 10.00am-7.00pm, daily