Samsung Gear S3 Frontier is the latest smartwatch from Samsung. There is another variant, the Samsung Gear S3 Classic but I prefer the Frontier’s design and colour. Basically I’m wearing this watch to track my steps and floor climbing. It can also inform you if you sit around for too long without any physical activity.
This post is not a review of this smartwatch, just some photos and my thoughts of the Gear S3 Frontier. You can find some of the review links below this post. I’m also sharing some of my favourite watch faces’ photos.
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, Timeless outside. Revolutionary inside.
I like the Gear S3 Frontier’s bezel and buttons design. The bezel is used as navigation, scrolling and adjusting setting just like Apple Watch’s crown. Watch face used here is the Golfwith Intense Dark.
Another angle of the smartwatch, showing face Tactical 3051.
Another one of my favourite faces for Gear S3 Frontier, the Smotikal 12H. You can tap on the screen to change the face’s color. Some of the faces have shortcuts to apps as well.
Samsung Gear S3 has a heart rate sensor to monitor your heart rate. Useful for exercising and to know if you are having a panic attack.
Front view of the Gear S3 Frontier, featuring watch face Timeless by Pluto.
Watch face: Detector by Liongate. Love the bright color and big sharp numbers.
Another simple face, the SamWatch_Basic.
There are also some unique watch faces such as this Animal Watch. You can choose from Bear, Wolf or Tiger and chance the colour and opacity.
Besides the Samsung Galaxy Apps, you can also download watch faces in GWD format. Basically you will need Samsung’s Gear Watch Designer to transfer the face to your Gear S3. Shown here is the Breitling watch face from Watch Face Pros. Watch Face Pros has many nice watch faces and they are free.
I’m quite satisfied with this smartwatch. Everything is smooth and so far there is no issue or system hang. The only issue is the iOS apps (Samsung Gear S) which is still limited. For example, we still cannot purchase paid apps or faces. Since I’m using iPhone, I hope Samsung will release the updated apps soon.
Here is a video of my favourites animated faces:
The watch faces name are as below:
- Breitling Propellor watch face
Credit to: Watch Face Professionals (Gear Watch Faces)
Direct Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Jt8InNq7lNSjZYVW5VZmk2REk/view
- “Aquarium Live Watchface” from Samsung Galaxy Apps
- Should be “Psylog Watchface Radar V1” from Samsung Galaxy Apps.
- Tourbillon watchface – cannot find back where I got it, sorry.
- Got this from Samsung Galaxy Apps too but forgot the name, sorry.
- “Fallot 4 Pipboy” from Samsung Galaxy Apps
My top sources of high quality watch faces:
- Watch Face Professionals : https://plus.google.com/+WatchFacePros
- Tom Hald : https://plus.google.com/u/0/114138242978245912667
- Brian Limones : https://plus.google.com/102959135161235048261
- Gavril Tardi : https://plus.google.com/+TardiGavril
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier reviews and useful links:
- Wired UK
- Wareable’s Review
- Engadget’s Review
- Android Authority’s Review
- Gear S3 on Xda Developers
- Samsung Gear S3 Malaysia Classic/Frontier Facebook Group
- Samsung Gear S3 Facebook Group
Click here to view all my tech posts.
2 thoughts to “Samsung Gear S3 Frontier smart watch”
Nice gadget to own.
Indeed, Jayce. You got one too?